Surgical Weight Loss Support Groups
Support group meetings are open to anyone who has had or is considering bariatric surgery. Due to COVID restrictions, we are unable to offer in person support groups at this time. Until further notice, all support groups will be held on Zoom. Please call our office at (423) 899-1000 for Zoom meeting information.
Weekly Support Group
Weekly support group sessions are held on Wednesdays, 11:30 a.m. – 12:30 p.m., on Zoom.
Monthly Support Group
Beginning in April 2022, we will host in-person support group meetings on the second Monday of each month, 5:30 - 6:30 p.m. Meetings are limited to 12 participants to ensure social distancing. Click here to register.
Getting Back on Track Support Group
This support group is for those who have had bariatric surgery and need additional support to get back on track. Sessions are held on the 4th Thursday of each month from 5:30 - 6:30 p.m.
- February 25 – Feeling the Triggers for overeating
- March 25 – Managing Emotions
- April 22 – Fattitudes/22 Fattening Behaviors
- May 27 – Communication and Boundary Setting
- June 24 – Body Image
- July 22– Personal Responsibility
- August 26 – Life Long Change
- September 23 – Affirmations
- October 28 – Why Weight Loss is not Enough
- November 18 – Regaining Weight
- December 23 – Disappointing Weight Loss
I am learning to take care of myself in a new way. To become skilled at any behavior, I must take the time to practice. I have today to become someone who is a master of their weight.