Surgical Weight Loss Support Groups
Support group meetings are open to anyone who has had or is considering bariatric surgery. Due to COVID restrictions, we are unable to offer in person support groups at this time. Until further notice, all support groups will be held on Zoom. Please call our office at (423) 899-1000 for Zoom meeting information.
Weekly Support Group
Weekly support group sessions are held on Wednesdays 11:30 a.m. – 12:30 p.m. on Zoom.
Monthly Support Group
Monthly sessions are held on the 2nd Monday of each month 5:30 – 6:30 p.m.
2020 Schedule & Topics
- December 14 – Gift Giving
2021 Schedule & Topics
- January 11 – Creating a Safe Place to Eat
- February 8 – For the Love of Food
- March 8 – Sacrifices
- April 12 – What do I do Now
- May 10 – What is my Worth
- June 14 – Vacation Eating
- July 12 – All that I want
- August 9 – Living Easy
- September 13 – Is Obesity really a Disease
- October 11 – Am I there Yet
- November 8 – Celebrating with Food
- December 13 – A Season of Giving
Getting Back on Track Support Group
This support group is for those who have had bariatric surgery and need additional support to get back on track. Sessions are held on the 4th Thursday of each month from 5:30 - 6:30 p.m.
- January 28 – Starting Over after Disappointment
- February 25 – Feeling the Triggers for overeating
- March 25 – Managing Emotions
- April 22 – Fattitudes/22 Fattening Behaviors
- May 27 – Communication and Boundary Setting
- June 24 – Body Image
- July 22– Personal Responsibility
- August 26 – Life Long Change
- September 23 – Affirmations
- October 28 – Why Weight Loss is not Enough
- November 18 – Regaining Weight
- December 23 – Disappointing Weight Loss
I am learning to take care of myself in a new way. To become skilled at any behavior, I must take the time to practice. I have today to become someone who is a master of their weight.