Welcome to CHI Memorial Family Practice Associates - Harrison. Your health is important to us. You are a partner in your medical care. When you are well-informed, participate in your treatment, and communicate openly with the health care professionals who treat you, you make your care as effective as possible. This office encourages respect for your personal preferences and values each individual.
We have listed some helpful hints to benefit you as well as to help our practice operate as efficiently as possible.
- Updating Information - Please give any name, address, phone number, or insurance charges to the front desk as you sign in to see your doctor.
- Follow up Appointments - Please try to make all follow up appointments before you leave the office. This will guarantee you a time slot that will best fit your schedule.
- Canceling Appointments - If you are unable to keep your scheduled appointment, please contact our office so that we may offer the appointment to someone who needs to see a physician as soon as possible.
- Questions for the doctor - Please make a list of questions or problems you are having and bring them to the office with you. This will help ensure your health questions are answered during your visit.
- Refills - If you need refills before your next appointment or before the weekend, please tell your doctor. Please do not wait until you are out of medicine. Prescriptions for narcotics will not be filled on weekends.
- Instructions - If you have placed a call to our nurse and are waiting for a reply, please have a pen and paper handy to write down any instructions that the nurse may give you regarding medication, diet, or any other items concerning your call.
- Lab work, X-rays, or special tests - If you have lab work or testing scheduled, the nurse will call you as soon as the results are received by the office and the doctor has seen them. It may take 2-3 days for our office to receive the results of outpatient testing. If you have not heard from us within a week, call our office. We may have missed you at home.
- Leave a message for the nurse - If it is necessary that you call for refills on medication, ask for nurse voice mail, leave name (no nickname), phone number, date of birth, name of the medication, name of the pharmacy, and the pharmacy phone number if you have it. Please check with your pharmacy to see if the prescription has been filled. If the doctor cannot refill your medication, we will try to notify you at the number you leave. If you are ill and are requesting medication, please state your symptoms on the voice mail. Messages are answered continuously throughout the day.
- Physician Exams - Our doctors recommend an annual physical:
- Women: breast exam, pap smear, and mammogram
- Men: prostate check
- Labs with your physical may vary from patient to patient. It is best to fast for you physical. (This means nothing to eat or drink after midnight other than water or black coffee.)
- Some insurance's cover physicals. Please check your policy to confirm if your insurance does. This way we can submit the claim properly to your company.
- Please plan to arrive 30 minutes prior to your appointment time. Our goal is to have you in the exam room at your appointment time.