What should I do if I need a prescription refilled?
In order for us to care for our patients as efficiently as possible, please follow these guidelines when requesting medication refills:
- Please let us know at the time of your visit what prescription you need refilled, and we will do that either to your local pharmacy or your mail order company.
- As for prescription refills at the time of your appointments. For some medications that you request, a 90-day refill may not be considered appropriate by your doctor and may not be approved.
- If your prescriptions need to be faxed to your insurance company we will mail them to you for you to mail or fax.
- If you have a medication that needs a prior approval we will assist you by completing a form from your insurance company. However, we may require you to call your insurance company to obtain your prior approval form. You can fax this form to us at (423) 495-2698.
- If you need to change a medication due to your insurance coverage or the cost of co-pays, an office visit will be necessary. Please bring a list of covered medications from your insurance company. If you do not have a list, call you insurance company to obtain one before your visit.
Routine prescriptions will not be filled on weekends.